Job Title: Technical Support Engineer, DiGiCo Date: July 25, 2022
Department: Service Overtime Status: Exempt
Reports To: Service Manager
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for supporting overall DiGiCo performance through efficient customer service. The role requires a technician that can work in a very fast paced environment, think on their own and represent the brand as an industry leader. Individual must have the technical knowledge, integrity and aptitude to work independently and thrive on learning new technologies. This position will require effective communication with customers with various technical knowledge.
Responsible to develop and maintain relationships with new and existing integrators, production companies, FOH, Monitor & Broadcast engineers and management in the touring, installation, House of Worship and theatrical markets and assist them with support as required.
This position will have no direct supervisory responsibility.
- Provide specialist and expert advice, guidance to customers in the field or through remote technical support.
- Complete test and repair to factory specification of new and customer owed products.
- Provide Service Reports and estimates for field or shop repairs.
- Work in collaboration with managers of US & UK support teams to report technical issues.
- Participate in trade shows, live events, technical training, and presentations to groups & key accounts.
- Ensure that any team member escalated support issues are followed through until the customer issues are resolved.
- Manage multiple concurrent support cases that require follow up with either parts, log & session files, or any other information for resolution in the case.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, strong client support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Solid decision-making skills, effectively gathering and analyzing technical facts to make decisions/recommendations that are right for the customer.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure in the Live, Broadcast, Theater, House of Worship & Installation markets.
- Pro Audio AV touring and/or larger scale Pro AV installation experience.
- Minimum 5 years operating or supporting large format digital audio consoles with ability to trouble shoot to the circuit card level (card swapping).
- Strong proficiency with digital mixing console control systems, infrastructure, and protocols
- Strong technical competence, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Understanding of audio protocols AES10 MADI, Opticore fiber optics.
- Experience with component level repair.
- Perform Surface Mount SMT and through-hole soldering on printed board assemblies.
- Proficient with electronic communications, Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Able to perform tasks using various physical and electronic testing tools to complete repair tasks and work under special magnification equipment. Logging of final repair and any test results.
- Perform rework using the Air-Vac rework of any bad circuit boards.
- You are comfortable using lab equipment for testing (example, oscilloscopes, multimeters and power supplies).
- Experience with hand soldering work.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be located Lititz, PA
Touring engineer in FOH &/or Monitor capacity
Experience as PA system tech with speaker manufacture certification
Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
Travel will be required up to 50% of the time.
Must be able to work and/or travel nights, weekends and some holidays.
Need to travel on short notice when needed for the customer teams technical support.
Must have valid driver’s license.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check.
For interested applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
About Group One Ltd.
Group One Ltd. is a US importer and distributor for a number of professional audio and lighting manufacturers. The company’s audio division currently distributes Calrec broadcast solutions, DiGiCo digital mixing consoles, KLANG:technologies 3D immersive in-ear monitor mixing systems, Solid State Logic recording solutions, MC2 high quality innovative amplifiers, XTA digital signal processing equipment and integrated amplification, and Austrian Audio headphones and microphones. The lighting division currently distributes Avolites lighting control consoles, and elektraLite LED fixtures.