Application Support Engineer, DiGiCo
Department: Sales, DiGiCo Overtime Status: Exempt
Reports To: National Sales Manager Salary Range: $75,000-$85,000
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for supporting overall DiGiCo performance through efficient training and support. The role requires a technician that can work in a very fast paced environment, think on their own and represent the brand as an industry leader. Individual must have the technical knowledge, integrity and aptitude to work independently and thrive on learning new technologies. This position will require effective communication with customers with various technical knowledge.
Responsible to develop and maintain relationships with new and existing integrators, production companies, FOH, Monitor & Broadcast engineers and management in the touring, installation, House of Worship and theatrical markets and assist them with training and support as required.
This position will have no direct supervisory responsibility.
- Provide training and expert advice to customers in the field or through on-site and remote training sessions
- Assist the sales team with pre-sales demos
- Plan, coordinate and execute DiGiCo Masters Series trainings
- Must be confident in presenting to large groups
- Work in collaboration with managers of US & UK support teams to report technical issues
- Participate in trade shows, live events, technical training, and presentations to groups & key accounts
- Assist system integrators with system spec and design
- Support sales team at national and regional trade shows and events
- Help coordinate movement of demo and trade show product
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, strong client support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Solid decision-making skills, effectively gathering and analyzing technical facts to make decisions/recommendations that are right for the customer
- Must have the ability to work under pressure in the Live, Broadcast, Theater, House of Worship & Installation markets
- Pro Audio AV touring and/or larger scale Pro AV installation experience
- Minimum 5 years operating or supporting large format digital audio consoles with ability to trouble shoot to the circuit card level (card swapping)
- Strong proficiency with digital mixing console control systems, infrastructure, and protocols
- Strong technical competence, troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Understanding of audio protocols AES10 MADI, Opticore fiber optics, AVIOP Networks.
- Proficient in Network Protocol usage & troubleshooting – Dante certification Level 2 (preferred)
- Proficient with electronic communications, Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point, Keynote including Mac OS & Windows
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Live Event or Touring engineer in FOH or Monitor capacity
- Experience as PA system tech
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- Travel will be required up to 50 to 70% of the time
- Must be able to work and/or travel nights, weekends and some holidays
- Need to travel on short notice when needed
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check
For interested applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to Michelle (firstname.lastname@example.org)